The most important fundamental you need to be a great putter is ‘PERFECT AIM’ with the putter face. Putter face alignment at impact accounts for over 92% of the direction of the ball (with a centre strike). The golf ball is in contact with a putter for such a short period of time (significantly less than a ‘Driver’), so make sure IMPACT counts. How do you know why the golf ball missed left (or right)? because of your read, alignment at address or was it face angle at impact? Feedback is crucial, so ‘why guess when you can measure!’
Instructions for Use:
- Ask the golfer to set-up for a putt, aiming directly at the hole (A).
- Remove the ball, asking the golfer to maintain putter head position.
- Place the PH Alignment Laser in front of the putter face, with the barrel pointing towards the hole and PH Alignment Board, ensuring that the backside of the laser block is flush with the putter face (B).
- The laser is now visible on the Alignment Board, highlighting where the player’s perceived square club face is actually aiming (C).
- Finally, correct the putter using the laser to show where an actual square putter face is aiming (D). The laser should aim at 0 on the board, when 0 is the centre of the hole (on a flat putt) – You have two options with the backboard (Metric or Imperial)
- Outdoor / Indoor on breaking putts! The RED dot laser will be clearly seen outdoors (even in the brightest of sun conditions). When using the laser for breaking putts, ensure the golfer ‘states which number he or she is aiming’ before the laser is placed flush with the putter face! Do you under read a left to right or over read a right to left. Remember Face aim is up to 92% of the start direction of the golf ball (E).